Sony DSC-RX100 II Overview
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 II Digital Camera is a compact point-and-shoot camera that features a large 20.2 megapixel 1″ Exmor R CMOS sensor to produce high resolution still imagery and full HD 1080i/p video. This sensor’s design utilizes backside-illuminated technology to improve clarity and image quality when working in dimly-lit conditions as well as increase the sensitivity to an expandable ISO 12800. Benefitting the performance of this sensor is the BIONZ image processor, which helps to produce images with smooth quality and gradations as well as provide expedited performance throughout all aspects of the camera. Full-resolution continuous shooting up to 10 fps is possible as well as a quick autofocus speed of just 0.13 seconds.
The built-in Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 10.4-37.1mm f/1.8-4.9 lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 28-100mm, covering wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives to suit working in a wide variety of environments. On the wide end of the lens, the bright maximum f/1.8 aperture benefits working in low lighting as well as aiding in controlling focus. Optical SteadyShot image stabilization is also available to help minimize the appearance of camera shake when working in dimly-lit conditions and with greater zoom magnifications. The lens also features a Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating, which helps to reduce surface reflections, lens flare, and ghosting in order to produce imagery that is rich in contrast and clarity.
While small in overall size, the RX100 II incorporates a large 3.0″ 1,229k-dot Xtra Fine LCD monitor that utilizes a tilting design to better serve working from both high and low viewing angles. WhiteMagic technology is incorporated into the display to increase the effective brightness of the screen for clearer, more vivid live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation. An intuitive menu structure provides access to applying a host of camera features, including Picture Effects, Auto HDR mode, Auto Object Framing, and for connecting to mobile devices using built-in wireless and NFC connectivity. A multi interface shoe is also incorporated into the camera’s design to facilitate the use of an external flash, auxiliary viewfinders, and external microphones. For control over aperture settings, camera zoom, and Picture Effects, a control ring is built around the lens and offers intuitive control over these settings in a manner similar to working with an interchangeable lens camera.
- 20.2MP 1″ Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor and BIONZ Image Processor
- The large 20.2 megapixel 1″ Exmor R CMOS sensor features backside-illuminated technology to enhance its low-light capabilities to an expanded ISO 12800 while still retaining vivid clarity. Using Sony’s Column A/D Conversion, images are rendered with impressive image quality and smooth gradations between tones and colors due to the marked reduction in apparent noise.
Also benefitting the image quality, as well as overall camera performance, is the BIONZ image processor, which provides full-resolution continuous shooting up to 10 fps, high-speed auto focusing as quickly as 0.13 sec., and full HD 1080i/p video recording. Still images can be recorded in JPEG or RAW file formats, or both simultaneously.
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 3.6x Optical Zoom Lens
- The built-in Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 10.4-37.1mm f/1.8-4.9 lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 28-100mm, covering wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives to suit working in a wide variety of situations. The bright f/1.8 maximum aperture on the wide end enables enhanced low-light capabilities as well as greater control over focus placement for selective focus imagery. The lens also features a Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating to help minimize lens flare and ghosting in order to produce imagery with rich contrast and clarity.
- Built-In Wireless and NFC Connectivity
- Built-in wireless connectivity enables the RX100 II to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. This technology also provides the ability to use Smart Remote Control, which provides for remote shutter release that is controlled by a smart device.
- High Speed Autofocus
- Aided by the rapid throughput of the BIONZ image processor, high speed auto focusing is possible that is equally as precise as it is quick. Utilizing intelligent response data and a refined high speed actuator motor, the RX100 II can acquire focus in a similar manner and speed to top-performing DSLR focus systems in a variety of lighting conditions.
- Camera Design
- An efficiently designed control ring around the lens lends itself to intuitive adjusting of some of the most crucial camera controls. This ring can be assigned to control an array of features, including zooming and aperture settings as well as more creative functions like Picture Effect modes. Its click-less design permits quick and quiet changing of settings, too, to benefit its use while recording HD movies. Additionally, for expedited changing of camera settings, a customizable function button allows you to assign one of seven different functions for quick modification when working in any shooting mode.
Also promoting greater efficiency while shooting is the inclusion of a multi interface shoe that allows for the use of external flashes, auxiliary viewfinders, and external microphones. Remote camera controls can also be connected via this accessory shoe.
A built-in pop-up flash is incorporated into the design as well, and features a unique design that allows for tilting of the flash head for bouncing off of walls, ceilings, or reflectors.
- High-Resolution LCD Monitor
- For live view monitoring, image playback and review, and menu navigation, a 3.0″ 1,229k-dot Xtra Fine LCD monitor is integrated into the camera body and features a tilting design to promote easier use from high and low angles. The screen can tilt approximately 84° up and 45° down, giving a wide range of viewing angles. The LCD also employs WhiteMagic technology, which enhances the brightness of the display for easier use in bright conditions.
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 video recording is supported in multiple frames rates, including 60p, 60i, and 24p. When recording in full HD, the AVCHD Ver. 2.0 codec is used for highly detailed image quality that translates well to editing and sharing on HDTVs. Recording in the Internet-friendly MP4 format is also supported in 1440 x 1080 and 640 x 480 sizes at 30 fps. Sound is recorded during filming using the built-in stereo microphone or, additionally, an external microphone can be used in conjunction with the multi interface shoe.
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization works to minimize the appearance of camera shake when working in low-light conditions or with greater zoom magnifications. The system can counter the effects of both vertical and horizontal movements, and, furthermore, Active 3-Way stabilization adds digital rolling control that balances both clockwise and counter-clockwise movements while recording videos.
- Other Camera Features
- Auto Object Framing is an intelligent shooting mode that can automatically analyze the scene and subjects within it and determine an aesthetically-pleasing composition. The subsequent imagery will be cropped according to subject matter, resulting in a well-balanced composition that utilizes Face Detection and Tracking Focus to ensure high image quality and sharpness.
- Auto HDR mode will automatically record a bracketed range of exposures of the same scene in order to capture greater highlight and shadow detail than a single exposure can record. These multiple exposures will then be composited into a single file that exhibits an extended dynamic range.
- Face Detection/Registration technology can detect and register up to eight individual faces and adjust the focus, exposure, white balance, and flash settings in order to deliver optimal image settings for pictures of people. Children or adults can be prioritized within this mode.
- 1:1, 3:2, 4:3, and 16:9 aspect ratios are available and can be chosen depending on specific shooting purposes.
- To extend the effective reach of the 3.6x optical zoom lens, 2x Clear Image digital zoom can be used to intelligently magnify scenes up to 7.2x. This digital zoom technology uses an intelligent interpolation process to minimize the amount of image degradation in order to produce realistic, high-quality images.
- Picture Effect modes allow you to apply creative settings and emphasize certain facets of individual images for a richer, more aesthetic picture quality. Soft Focus, Posterization, Retro Photo, High Contrast Monochrome, Rich-Tone Monochrome, Miniature, Soft High-Key, Toy Camera, Pop Color, Partial Color, Watercolor Painting, HDR Painting, and Illustration modes are available.
- Creative Style settings provide control over how the camera processes images based on six different predetermined styles: Standard, Vivid, B&W, Sunset, Portrait, and Landscape. Within these settings, contrast, saturation, and sharpness can also be adjusted depending on personal preference.
We do not ship on Saturday or Sunday. Orders placed over the weekend (Friday - Sunday) will be shipped on Monday.
We reserve the right to ask for a signature confirmation upon delivery.
For pre-order items, we provide our customers with the expected arrival date that the manufacturer provides us with. We cannot guarantee this item will be shipped to us on theexact date shown on the items product page. We do not charge your credit card until the item arrives in-store. Customers reserve the right to cancel pre-orders before item is paid for and shipped.
Returning an item
H and B Digital offers an exclusive 15 days exchange/refund policy, if an item is still in new and unused condition.
All returns require a Return Authorization (RMA) number, which you can obtain by email or you can call 212-354-1341. Please note: An RMA number does not guarantee final disposition. All returns are subject to inspection.
All exchanged or returned merchandise must be in Original Factory Condition, including all packaging materials, inserts and manuals, warranty cards (not filled out), and accessories. Please do not tape or write anything on the item or packaging. We will charge you for replacement of damaged, altered, missing, written-on, or taped-on contents or cartons. We reserve the right to refuse any such returns.
Olympus Prf-d37 – Filter – Protection – 37 Mm [camera] : Protects the Olympus 17mm Micro Four Thirds lens from accidental scratches and filters. Screws directly on to the filter thread of the lens. Can be used with any lens that features a 37mm filter thread.
Olympus Pen E-P1 with 14-42 mm Lens (silver) :
A new era of digital imaging begins with the Olympus E-P1. The world’s smallest 12.3-megapixel interchangeable lens system camera blends the high-quality still images of a digital single lens reflex (DSLR) with High Definition (HD) video, stereo Linear PCM audio recording and In-Camera Creativity within an ultra-portable body. The easy-to-use E-P1 expands your creative horizons and its diverse multimedia features offer something for everyone. Built for today’s visual generation who lead active lives online and offline, the E-P1 will make you rethink what you can do with a camera. The new E-P1 offers many great features derived from the E-System, as well as many breakthrough innovations, including:
- Superior DSLR Image Quality
- In-body Image Stabilization
- Amazing 3-inch LCD
- Proven Dust Reduction System
- 12 megapixels with next-generation TruePic V
- HD video with high-quality audio
- In-camera creative features (for still images and video)
- Multiple exposures
- Multi-aspect shooting
- Multimedia slideshows
- Digital leveler
- Magnified focus assist
The E-P1 erases all doubts about whether a compact camera can take images that are equal to those taken by a DSLR, because it has everything you need to produce vibrant DSLR-quality images: a large 12.3-megapixel imager, In-body Image Stabilization, fast Imager Autofocus, the proven Olympus Dust Reduction System and the new TruePic V Image Processor.
Clad in ergonomically-designed stainless-steel body panels, the Olympus E-P1 takes many design queues from the Olympus Pen F, a popular half-frame SLR that made its initial debut in 1959. But unlike the original Pen F, the E-P1 has the ability to produce vividly-detailed still photographs and HD video with stereo sound, both of which can be enhanced post-capture using the E-P1’s advanced in-camera retouching and audio dubbing tools.
Essentially a 4/3-format DSLR minus the prism and mirror housing (hence the smaller body size), images can be composed and edited using the E-P1’s 3″ HyperCrystal LCD, which features anti-reflective coatings on its surface to enable live viewing of 100% of the image area under the brightest of lighting conditions. When shooting in manual focus, a 5x magnification of the center of the frame pops up as a focusing aid each time you adjust the focusing ring. (This magnification can be can be manually increased up to 10x)
This kit includes a compact 14-42mm M.Zuiko Digital zoom lens, which with an angle-of-view of 74-28.5 degrees, is an equivalent to a 28-85mm lens on a full-frame DSLR.
Other features found on the Olympus E-P1 include Dust Reduction technology, in-camera Image Stabilization, which enables low-light hand-held shooting with all 4/3-system lenses, advanced shooting modes, and creative post-capture editing tools.
The Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera sports the popular mirrorless technology that allows for a light and compact body. More than that, however, the OM-D E-M5 is an outstanding camera that provides you with tools like an electronic eye-level viewfinder, a 120 fps refresh rate, a tilting 3.0″ OLED touchscreen monitor, 16Mp of resolution, and – of course – an ever-expanding array of compatible lens options. All these factors boil down to a camera that’s easier to transport than the average DSLR, yet puts multiple creative choices, and numerous other high-end features and functions, at your disposal.
Taking the features of the OM-D E-M5 one at a time, let’s begin with the camera’s high image quality. Making such stunning 16Mp stills and 1920 x 1080 HD video possible would be the 16Mp Live MOS image sensor and the TruePic VI image processor. The heart of the camera, these two work together with an array of M.ZUIKO DIGITAL lenses for impressive images and movies.
Other features worth mentioning here include Olympus’ AF system, which enables fast, accurate images in a variety of situations. Additionally, 9.2 fps high-speed sequential shooting goes a step further to ensure that fast moving subjects are easily captured. The 5-axis, sensor-shift image stabilization system also comes into play here, compensating for vertical, horizontal, and rotational camera shake, which conventional 2-axis systems of the past haven’t been able to tame. This stabilization is built-in the camera body, and ensures effective stabilization with all lenses.
The high-res, 1.44 million dot LCD has 100% field-of-view coverage and a 1.15x maximum magnification. The EVF also allows for enlarging the focus point for seeing the effect of many different features right in the viewfinder. In addition to this impressive EVF, the camera also has a 3.0″ tilting OLED touchscreen monitor, making it the first Olympus camera to have such capabilities. The touchscreen monitor allows for fast menu navigation, and brilliant composition and review of scenes.
The OM-D E-M5 is also a tough camera, featuring a dust-proof and splash-proof design. As Olympus states, “multiple ring-shaped seals protect the camera from sand, dust, rain, and water spray”. That means there’s no need to fear the elements and as a result, miss the shot. What’s more the OM-D E-M5 extends this feature to the bundled flash unit, the optional grip, the power battery holder, and the optional M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 EZ lens.
Samsung Hmx-u10 Ultra-compact Full-hd Camcorder (red) : The Samsung HMX-U10 Ultra Compact Camcorder (Red) provides you with full 1920 x 1080 high definition recording and user-friendly operation all in one ergonomically designed package. Along with these features, the camera has one-touch upload to YouTube and built-in Intelli-Studio software for in-camera editing. It’s comfortable design, high quality recording, editing and sharing options make this a great choice for those who love posting to social media sites but want an affordable and easy to operate camcorder with which to do it. Let’s take a short tour of the HMX-U10. The camera’s most obvious design feature is the 7 degree slanted ergonomic handgrip, which provides you with a more comfortable recording experience. In addition to saving your hand and wrist from unwanted strain, the slanted design keeps the lens angled at just the right pitch, allowing you to maintain the most comfortable and natural position while still capturing straight on video and stills.Aside from this, the camera’s fixed focus lens provides you with point-and-shoot simplicity. There’s no need to mess around with complicated menus and programs. Just record your HD video and you’re ready to share. That high def video, along with the 10MP still images, are captured with the 1/ 2.3 CMOS sensor while the 2″ LCD screen on the back of the camera gives you a platform on which to compose and play back your footage. And every memory is stored on SD/SDHC memory cards which make for quick and easy transfer to your PC.When you’re all done recording and ready to share your footage the HMX-U10’s got two user-friendly features that make it a snap. First, the Intelli-Studio software lets you edit in the camcorder without requiring a PC. Once you’ve edited your video you can post it to YouTube with just a touch using the direct upload feature. There’s no need to worry about complicated recording, bulky design, or editing – with the HMX-U10 everything is designed with ease-of-use in mind.
Looking for a camera that’s smaller and lighter–and that still does everything the big boys do? Well, yeah, sure, but, c’mon, get real. Then, check out the Lumix DMC-GF2 Digital Micro Four Thirds Camera W/14mm Lens (Red) from Panasonic, the smallest and lightest (at the time of release) interchangeable lens camera.
This Micro Four Thirds contender is 19% smaller and 7% lighter than its immediate predecessor, but still has a 12.1MP Live MOS sensor, a lightweight 14mm f/2.5 (equivalent to 28mm) wide-angle lens with a seven-blade aperture, dazzling 1920 x 1080 HD video, and is compatible with the full range of Micro Four Thirds lenses (including Panasonic’s 3D 12.5mm f/12 lens)–in short, the speed and customization of an SLR camera in highly portable form.
A bright 3″ 460,000-dot LCD display for composition and review can also be used as a touch-screen for making and changing settings like focus and exposure–a touch on a human face, for instance, switches to the portrait mode and a touch on the background or scenery switches to the scenery mode, while a touch on the subject close to the camera switches to the close-up mode.
Despite its tiny size, the GF2 is packed with photo and video goodies. The My Color mode offers 7 preset imaging effects (such as Retro, Elegant, Cinema, Monochrome, Silhouette, etc.), and also allows users to customize color, brightness, and saturation on the fly. The LUMIX GF2 can record 1920 x 1080 videos at 60i or smooth HD 1280 x 720 movies at 60p in AVCHD. For those looking for better compatibility with computers, the LUMIX GF2 can also record HD Motion JPEG in 1280 x 720 and QVGA, VGA and WVGA. The body supports autofocus during video recording and Movie Program Mode allows for selective depth-of-field control.
Additional features of the DMC-GF2 include a built-in pop-up flash, contrast detection autofocus, integrated dust reduction technology, and high ISO 6400 sensitivity.
Smallest, Lightest System Camera
Smallest and lightest interchangeable lens system camera.
12.1MP Live MOS sensor has the superb image quality of a CCD sensor, plus the lower power consumption of a CMOS sensor.
14mm Wide-Angle Lens
The Lumix G 14mm f/2.5 ASPH wide-angle lens is equivalent to 28mm in 35mm format.
Compatible With Micro Four Thirds Lenses
Compatible with lenses from the Micro Four Thirds standard, including Panasonic’s new 3D interchangeable lens
Extremely easy to operate, with a redesigned user interface, which allows for the focus to be set, or shutter released, by simply touching the large 3″ touch-screen LCD, which has brilliant 460,000-dot resolution.
Simple Touch-Screen Operation
The touch-screen operation dramatically shortens the time spent navigating the menus. With the Touch Q-menu, the user can customize the camera’s shortcuts with the most commonly used settings. Together with the simple button components, including dedicated buttons for video recording and iA (Intelligent Auto) mode which lights in-use, users can operate the camera intuitively with ease.
iA Mode for Automatic Settings
With the Intelligent Scene Selector in the iA mode, the camera automatically switches to the appropriate mode according to the subject touched. For example, a touch on a human face switches to the portrait mode and a touch on the background or scenery switches to the scenery mode, while a touch on the subject close to the camera switches to the close-up mode.
AF Tracking System
The fast contrast AF focus system has an AF tracking function that makes it easy to take photos of moving subjects by automatically keeping the focus on your subject.
Venus Engine FHD Image Processor
The Venus Engine FHD image processor features exceptionally high performance signal processing capabilities in both photo and movie recording. With the advanced noise reduction system employing the 3D NR and CNR (Chromatic Noise Reduction), users can capture clear, naturally-balanced images even when shooting at high ISO sensitivity levels to help prevent the color bleeding.
Pentax Optio Rz18 Digital Camera (black) : The Pentax Optio RZ18 packs a big 18X 25-450mm equivalent lens into a slim body with a compact camera footprint. Powerful technologies such as PENTAX Shake Reduction, Auto Picture and scene modes, face detection, and 9 point autofocus take the guesswork out of capturing outstanding still images and video.18X Zoom Generous 18X zoom (equivalent to 25-450mm) with extra wide angle lens captures subjects near and far. High resolution 16 megapixel sensor for large prints or aggressive image cropping. Slim footprint for outstanding portability and inconspicuous use. Multiple PENTAX Shake Reduction (SR) image stabilization options, including sensor-shift SR, for sharp images in any lighting. Large 3 inch LCD with HVGA resolution (460,000 dots). Powerful automatic shooting modes such as Auto Picture and scene modes take the guesswork out of great photography. Creative special effects filters add artistic flair to the common snapshot. Advanced 9-point autofocus with a 4cm super macro mode. Face detection for perfectly focused and exposed portraits, includes a dedicated pet recognition feature. Widescreen HD video in 720p at 30 frames per second. Remote control sensor works with any optional PENTAX infrared remote control (sold separately). Compatible with SD, SDHC, and modern SDXC memory cards.
Night Owl Security Cs-mini-dvr-4gb Mini Video Dvr With 4gb Micro Sd Card : Night Owl’s Mini Video recorder with 4GB Micro SD Card allows you to secretly record video/audio and take pictures with a hidden camera. This mini DVR can record videos with audio of the nanny while you aren’t at home and every detail of important business meetings without anyone ever knowing that they are being recorded. This mini DVR is small enough that you can take it on the go so you won’t miss any of those important moments. It can record up to 100 minutes with the provided 4GB Micro SD Card.
Olympus Vf-3 Electronic Viewfinder (silver) For Olympus Pen Cameras : The VF-3 is a compact viewfinder that slides and locks onto the accessory port of Olympus PEN and XZ-1 models to provide 100% field of view and 1.00x magnification. The VF-3, which is compatible with all PENs that have an accessory port, is quite useful for outdoor shooting, low-angle shooting or telephoto shooting. Bright with high contrast from the center to the edges. Additionally with the tilting mechanism (up to 90 degrees) low angle shoots become an enjoyable shooting experience. The PEN E-P2, E-PL1, E-PL2 and XZ-1 will require a firmware update to properly operate the VF-3. This free update is available Olympus in Olympus Official Website
14.2 Megapixels for stunning prints as large as 20 x 30 inches
New Incredible, Bright 3.0-inch High Resolution VGA (921,000-dot) Clear Color Display makes images and movies come alive with rich detail and improved contrast. The large LCD makes it easy to compose and share your pictures with a wide-viewing angle and anti-glare coating
New HD Movie with Stereo Sound and HDMI Output Record stunning HD (720p) quality movies at 30fps with Stereo Sound, dedicated movie-record button and HDMI output for easy playback in camera, on HD-TV or computer.HDMI cable not included
New Slim, Stylish, Metal Design packs high performance into portable convenience for the slimmest in its class. Among compact cameras equipped with an optical zoom capable of zooming in at 10x or more as of January 15, 2010 (according to research conducted by Nikon Corporation)
Smart Portrait System includes:
- Smile Timer and Blink Proof makes sure you’ll always catch the decisive moment when your subject smiles and Blink Proof function shoots two pictures and automatically saves the one in which the subject’s eyes remain open
- Blink Warning, when activated alerts you that the subject may have blinked and allows you to retake the photo
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix™ automatically fixes, while shooting, most instances of red-eye in the camera. You may never see red-eye again
- Face-Priority AF Nikon’s face-finding technology that automatically focuses on up to 12 faces
- Skin Softening smoothes skin tone at three different levels for optimal portraits
EXPEED Image Processing ensures high-quality pictures with stunning color and sharpness. Nikon’s comprehensive digital imaging processing concept incorporates the know-how and technologies accumulated throughout our long history of photographic and digital imaging development and is custom-tuned for COOLPIX. Applied optimized technologies render natural-looking pictures of incredible quality and quick response so you won’t miss that special moment
Quick Retouch optimizes contrast and color vividness for beautiful images
D-Lighting rescues dark or backlit images by improving brightness and detail during playback
Macro shooting as close as 0.4”
10x Wide-Angle Zoom-NIKKOR ED Glass Lens has a versatile zoom range from 30mm to an impressive 300mm telephoto coverage that gets you close to the action while capturing expansive landscapes. The NIKKOR ED lens is built on a proud heritage of producing precision camera optics that delivers superb color and razor-sharp results
Quick Performance with ultra-fast start-up, autofocus and shooting. Sports Continuous shooting enables high-speed shooting at approximately 3 fps for images up to 45 frames (3MP)
4-way VR Image Stabilization System
- Optical VR Image Stabilization by lens shift minimizes the effect of camera shake
- Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and ISO setting to compensate for camera shake and subject movement
- High ISO up to 3200 at full resolution capability helps give you better results when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects
- Nikon’s original Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to 10 shots while the shutter is pressed and saves the sharpest image
New Creative Slider creates pictures, in camera, the way you imagine them by simply you adjusting brightness, vividness and color hue
New Advanced Flash Control delivers natural flash images even when ambient or assisted lighting is typically insufficient, such as backlight or telephoto shooting
Subject Tracking will track a moving subject to ensure sharp focus. The camera will automatically track your subject – even if they temporarily move out of the frame
Scene Auto Selector automatically recognizes the scene in your picture and selects the most appropriate scene mode (6) + auto mode
16 Scene Modes for optimized shooting in various settings